Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's a Girl to Do When it Rains?

Yesterday morning Jason informed me that we might face flooding again. I could see his anxiety.

It was this time last year that water rose and flooded our home 3 inches high within.

Jason started researching and gathering facts. Today we were concerned that the streets around our house might flood based on Jason's experience last year and the estimated rise of the river that was predicted. We took precaution and put things up high just in case before heading to Jason's parents to stay tonight. I know our anxieties will get easier with time and experience with the river. It is just hard watching it rise.

But at times, I still ask God, "Why? Why would this happen again? We live in a predicted 500 yr flood plane, not 1 yr!" My heart hurts for my husband who is reliving his traumatic experience and working through fears of our house being flooded again.

My heart sank on Monday night when I heard a tornado touched down near my friends in Arkansas.

30 minutes ago I got a call from a dear friend letting me know her cousin was injured in the tornado that ripped through Tuscaloosa. It took 3 hrs to find him and remove him from the debris. But they can't find his girlfriend who was with him.

So tragic. 

These lyrics keep coming to my mind.

"If all that’s good and true
comes from heaven
Then what’s a girl to do
when it rains? 
And I’m saying
Why, why, why, why?
I’m shaking a fist in the dark,
and I’m asking
Why, why, why, why?
Why does it keep getting harder
To say thanks?"

Nichole Nordeman, "To Say Thanks"

I don't know what to say as I pray to God right now. I just know He is with me and that He knows my heart. He is comforting souls in this moment. Many are finding Him for the first time. 

He is still in control.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Miranda. Love you. Thanks for listening.

    I'm going to have to look up that song now :)

    ReplyDelete