Sunday, January 6, 2013

Accept the Invitation


Today I had the opportunity to sing "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry! We launched a series at my church Cross Point called Wide Awake, moving beyond life as usual to life with God.

Our Pastor shared a couple of key points:
"God wants to walk with us before he works through us."
"Your life is not about doing things for God. You were created to remain, abide, be with Him."

I found it ironic that Drew was wide awake at 3:30 AM this morning. These days I long to be dead asleep more often!

But I also find myself longing for something else.

Jesus.

I hear, see and know God is inviting me to be with Him. And I continually turn Him down. Maybe because I feel overwhelmed & busy caring for Drew. Maybe I just want to sit and do nothing after he goes to bed. Maybe I just don't want to. 

But I need Jesus. I need Him when I'm overwhelmed. I need His eyes to see Him working in our family and in those I cross paths with daily. I need him to refresh my spirit in the quiet moments. 

I had a friend tell me a story once about a little girl he knew. She was 4 years old and one day he walked in to the girl's room and saw her on her knees praying with her bible beside her. 

No one was watching. 

At 4 years old, she was taking time to be with God. 

I want Drew to know that mommy and daddy walk with God. That we will get on our knees to thank him, ask for help, be still. And that He is alive and at work in the hearts of His people.

I am excited about this series and want to start accepting God's invitation to remain in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment