Monday, April 2, 2012

Advice

When you are expecting, the word you hear the most is "advice." Some people say, "Don't listen to any advice" but then proceed to give it with much conviction. Some will share without asking if you would like to hear. Others who respect our decisions will wait until we ask for it.

There are so many ways to take care of a child. Bottle & diaper choices, feeding, outings, daycare, the list goes on and on. I find myself overwhelmed that we won't make the right decision about the trivial things, but more importantly, how we will parent our little one. 

I was comforted recently while reading God's word. Every story bursts with advice on how to be a good parent. 

Advice on how to LOVE. 

God has been angry with us, disciplines us, laughs with us, is proud of us, welcomes us into his arms when we repent and never fails to shower us with forgiveness. 

My thoughts have shifted from over analyzing decisions on how to raise our baby boy, to learning what it means to parent like God

That is advice I'll never turn down.

In closing, the past 7 months have flown by! I started my new role at Cross Point as Domestic Missions Coordinator and I'm now in the third trimester of my pregnancy. I made it through 5 tough months of nausea/vomiting and have learned and embraced new, exciting opportunities at my job that benefit God's kingdom in huge ways! A few pics of my growing belly and our growing son. Prayers for the health of our baby & relief from some pregnancy pain for mommy are much appreciated. :) 












1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry your pregnancy has been hard. I totally understand the nausea/vomiting. I threw up 4 times a day for 6 months! I didn't know if I believed people when they told me it would all be worth it, but it totally is! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby boy when he gets here!

    ReplyDelete