Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Who Am I?

My twitter profile description reads, 

Worship Leader
Creative Arts Coordinator at Cross Point
Lead Singer of The Vandelays

But recently I was reminded of a sermon I've heard Pete preach a couple of times about not letting your gifts, talents & titles define who you are.

When I was little people would try to scare me by saying I could loose my talent if I used it in the wrong way. Obviously that rarely happens. Ke$ha is a perfect example. :)

But what if I woke up one day and couldn't sing? What if God took away opportunities to lead worship? What if I loose my job, have to change jobs or move? What if I never sing an angst 90's rock song again? 

Who am I?

I'm God's child. I'm a sinner in need of constant forgiveness. I was created in the image of God.

I'm Miranda Brooke McKay Telford, a silly, lovable, friendly gal. :)

1 comment:

  1. A year ago my husband and I lost our jobs as Worship & Arts directors. Ever since I've struggled. Im so used to leading worship, creating set lists, teaching on worship, etc , and even financially the gaping hole in our finances weighs heavy. I am just recently learning to appreciate that I have an identity that doesn't begin with my gift and calling...it begins with just being a daughter of God.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete