Tuesday, February 15, 2011

28

Today I turned 28. 

I was on my way home from a doctor's appointment this afternoon and noticed God's present to me. A beautiful sunset. I wanted to pull over so many times to capture it but caught the tail end when I got home:


The past couple of weeks have been hard. I've avoided my blog because I didn't want to complain or be negative (I care too much about what people think). I've struggled with anxiety again. It has felt foreign to me because I haven't felt anxious the past 6 months. Work has been very busy. I haven't felt good and have had some other health issue's pop up recently that have caused concern. 

While talking to one of my nurses yesterday she said something that gave me peace,

"Miranda, you are too young to be going through all this pain but you know what? 

You are going to be ok."

Today, I feel so loved. I got over 100 birthday wishes from friends and family. My boss sat me down and encouraged me as soon as I walked in the door. My pastor sent me birthday wishes all the way from India! My parents/in-laws made sure I knew I was loved and I received my gifts on time all the way from Texas! My friends started making plans to celebrate me. My husband has been the best friend/caretaker/encourager/partner/etc.!

28 is a year I'm excited about. I'm hopeful for physical healing. I'll continue to work on emotional and spiritual healing. I'm going on a mission trip with my husband for the first time. The Telford's may have a little one in the works by the end of 2011. :)

So, I can say with confidence that I'm definitely going to be ok. And maybe even more than ok. :)

3 comments:

  1. Miranda, you are an inspiration to me... I just wanted you to know that.

    You never complain and I know the pain you are in only because I ask. I am so blessed to watch God work in and through you on a regular basis. Happy Birthday sister, I can't wait to see what God has in store for you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sunset it was! I'm glad you got a couple pics because I was driving too and couldn't snag any. Happy Birthday my friend! I've been thinking of you all day and have seen so many of the wishes sent your way. You are so loved, and it is obviously because you are so loving. You will absolutely be ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you a God-blessed birthday (which you already seem to have had!) and a year in which God reveals more and more of Himself to you in ways that you can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete