Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Power of Paper and a Pen

When I moved to Nashville I was working a temp job answering the phone so I had LOTS of free time during the day. I decided to serve in a ministry at Cross Point called Notes and Cards.

The Notes and Cards team sends encouraging notes to those who are in the hospital, sick, had a baby, a death in the family, etc. Sometimes I would know who I was writing to. Often I had never met the person I was sending a note to, but was thankful God gave me an opportunity to love on them in this way.

Last Friday I got a prayer card in the mail from my mom's church in Marshall, TX. It was from the Pastor.

Today, 4 more showed up in my mail box. Some people knew me and some did not.
 
I was reminded that sometimes a hand written letter or card means so much. Our fingers are better at typing now, but our hearts still long to received notes from someone's handwriting we recognize.

My Gran has never sent an email. She doesn't get on Facebook. She can't send a text message.

But she writes me letters.

One of the first things I looked for after the flood damaged our home was the letters I have saved from her.
So take a moment sometime soon and send a card or a letter to someone you love. I promise, it will make their day.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice idea! I'll have to see if my church has a similar ministry. :)

    ReplyDelete