Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Sensitive

There is a song by Jewel that I relate to:

"I was thinking that I might fly today
Just to disprove all the things that you say
It doesn't take a talent to be mean
You words can crush things that are unseen
So please be careful with me,
I'm sensitive and I'd like to stay that way."

But I DON'T want to stay that way.

Being sensitive is a hindrance when you work with a team of boys. :) I often get frustrated when my feelings are hurt and I can't shake it.

Being sensitive encourages me to hold grudges, take things personally and avoid constructive criticism.

Being sensitive affects my relationships in a negative, destructive way.

I think I will sing a different version of this song from now on:

"I was thinking that I might fly today
Because I appreciate many things that you've said
Everyone's intention is not mean
Words can build things that are unseen
So please be patient with me,
I'm sensitive, but I don't have to stay that way."

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Momma. I can totally relate to this is so many ways. It was definitely a well-timed post as well, I needed to hear it right now. Your blog rocks. Don't ever stop writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing this anonymous comment is from someone on the creative team. Momma Miranda is thankful you read her blog. :)

    ReplyDelete